GET TO KNOW HARMONIC BREWING
Who owns/manages Harmonic and what are your stories.
- Harmonic was a grass-roots effort started by 3 long-time friends who loved brewing / beer: Eddie Gobbo, Jon Verna, and Eric Tisch. We run the business along with our taproom manager, John Long, our awesome bar staff, and delivery driver. We're small and everyone plays a big roll at Harmonic
How did you come up with the name?
- As music fans (and amateur musicians), the name fit well... it's also applicable to the harmony we strive for in flavors in our beer and the harmony we strive for with our community.
How do you decide what beers to create?
- We believe in balanced, drinkable beers... beer ideas are discussed by the entire staff often to decide what we want to try next... our beers range from classic styles like a kolsch or a traditional bock to crazy experiments like kettle sours dry-hopped with whole espresso beans
How many kegs do you go through a week? A month?
- We're a small brewery that self-distributes primarily in the Bay Area and sells a lot of beer in our taproom. We're relationship based, so are not about large volume sales and quick expansion.
What style of beer do you sell the most of?
- Kolsch, Pilsner, IPAs
What is your personal favorite beer?
- Everyone here is really digging the lagers we started making recently... made with locally grown barley, malted and kilned at Admiral Maltings in Alameda... they're fantastic beers that leave you wanting more.
How often do your beers rotate?
- We usually have a new beer on tap every week or 2... beers are moving fast these days, so that means lots of new beers
Why would someone come to the city to visit Harmonic?
- We are small, local and spend a lot of time and effort to create high quality beers that we serve where the beers are made... our venue is awesome (all custom made by the metal shop located right next door). Our staff will also make your visit great - you'll leave feeling like you're part of the family
Thrive City/Chase Center (Harmonic)